a:link More than one set of rules per doc?

kath

I want to have two color combos for links on my page.1. my main div has black words and the hover changes it to black highlight/white words2. Outside my main div, the background color of the entire page is black. I have some links down at the bottom. Since my page is black, my links are obviously not showing.Here's the example: Page needing assistance. my code currently has the following: a:link { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #fff; background-color: #B52C07;How do I change that (or add to it) in order to accomodate two sets of rules?Thanks.

You must define classes for your links to have this effect.HTML:

<a href="http://www.google.ca" class="redLink">Google</a>

CSS:

.redLink { color: red; }

EDIT: Nice red border :)

Thanks so much, Chris. Both of my problems are solved. :) I'm starting to get the hang of this css stuff. I made a quick study over the weekend. Now to update the rest of my site....I should add what I did (not exactly what you suggested, but you got me thinking on the right track):#underfooter { color: #666666; padding: 15px; } #underfooter a { color: #ffffff; }

What I do in my design is I have many different ids: header, leftnav, hornav, content, footer. I simply set properties for different divs.

#footer a:link { color: #FF0000; }#leftnav a:link { color: #00FF00; }

This is just to give you an idea how it can be done easily.

Excellent. I'm on the right track. I told my DH to take a class so he can manage my website (because I really should be editing photos). He is a programmer (Cobolt and C++) and should pick up on this pretty quickly.