web page

craigrome

Actually, the FTP commander is there for you to upload, rename and delete your pages, not to edit them.And you add a new page by simply uploading the file to the FTP. How to upload the file? The same way you have uploaded your existing ones.Getting a link to the new page however will requre you to manually add a link to each of the existing pages or if your server supports some sort of SSIs, use the provided method for inserting the single navigation file into all pages automatically.

Actually, the FTP commander is there for you to upload, rename and delete your pages, not to edit them.And you add a new page by simply uploading the file to the FTP. How to upload the file? The same way you have uploaded your existing ones.Getting a link to the new page however will requre you to manually add a link to each of the existing pages or if your server supports some sort of SSIs, use the provided method for inserting the single navigation file into all pages automatically.
thanks will give this a try...much appreciated..

I have an account for free host and they use ftp to upload , now it suggest me to fill username and passwordI type my password of my account ( like the password I use in this forum ) but it denies, so which password it require , if I use public computer so I must ask admin for their password ???thanks :)

Guest fattmarrell

More than likely the server is only allowing anonymous logins. You might have to disable anonymous only logins and allow local user logins.However this is typically already done by most providers by default....try logging in as user anonymous?

Frequently Asked QuestionsFTP still cannot connect?If ftp cannot connect please check you have no hardware firewall or a software firewall such as norton antivirus Please also check that windows firewall or an operating system firewall is not blocking it start > control panel > windows firewall > then enable port 21 (windows xp sp2) enable port 21 , how can I do it , I dont see port 21 anywhereok I had tried to add port 21 and names it smiles :) but dont workok now is byehostFTP server byethost17.com Username ????????? [checkbox here] Anonymous Password ????????? [checkbox here] Passive mode Initial directory ????????? [checkbox here] SSL Language English Skin Blue FTP mode [checkbox here = true]Automatic [checkbox here = false]Binary LOGIN Clear cookies Admin I still cant login , I had username , password , choose " Passive mode " , initial directory -> choose /htdocsSSL ( what is it ??? ) and cant login :)

When you type in the url in your ftp progam, at the end of of put this, :21 so if you were going to ftp w3schools this would be the URL:ftp.w3schools.com:21try that, if it doesnt work then it doesnt have to do with port 21.

Port 21 is the FTP port, port 22 is ftp-data. If you think you have the settings correct, and still cannot connect, check with your host. Also, if you have the Windows firewall running, or any other firewall, try disabling the firewall entirely and see if it works. If it does, then figure out what you need to do to allow the program access with the firewall running. You definately need to allow port 21, and you may need to set somewhere that your FTP program has access.

ssl means the data that is sent over the internet socket will be encrypted, this is so no one like the government/hackers can tap into the line and see what you are send. Anonymous is so you can access ftp without a user name and password. People usually use it to allow people to download files.SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer I think.. I think. You will notice it on webpages sometimes. The url will change from http://blah to https://blah. Also in firefox the address bar turns into a yellowish color.

Haha... stop it, stop it... :) Khm... anyway... :) In order for a server to deliver data over an encrypted connection, the server actually needs to support the encryption method (and browser on that matter, but all of today's one do) and be configured as to where's the certificate, the port used, etc. are.W3Schools doesn't have an SSL certificate and because of that, they haven't set up their servers for HTTPS usage. They don't need to either though.OK. All of the above is probably not making scence at all. Let me say it "slowly".When you send a POST data to a server, that data is passed from your computer, to your network gateway (the machine delivering you internet) to your ISP's main machine (the one delivering all the internet of the ISP), to more routers, switches, gateways, etc. until it reaches the server. The server then uses that data and delivers content based on it. So, all of the above computers mentioned have your data "captured". This data might as well be a password or a credit card number. If anyone had access to those machines and knew what (s)he was looking for, he could find your data in the mixture of all others.So where does SSL come in this? The browser sends the data, but the other computers don't see it as it was sent, but see it the way the browser encrypted it before it sent the data to them. When the data reaches the server, it get's decrpted, so the server can see it's true form and thus perform it's actions.Secured connection is slower however, so only E-commerce sites use it, and even they only use when a sencetive input like credit card numbers or passwords will be entered. Other sites also use it, but again- only on logins or other types of screens where sencetive data will be sent.So, again, there's no difference between the content of a page sent by HTTP or HTTPS. The only difference is how data is being transmitted, not what one gets in the end.

• 1 month later...
The browser sends the data, but the other computers don't see it as it was sent, but see it the way the browser encrypted it
I want to ask .... so without SSL , you write "hello everyone" and send this sentence to server , and other computers will see "hello everyone" exactly :)

I want to ask .... so without SSL , you write "hello everyone" and send this sentence to server , and other computers will see "hello everyone" exactly :)
Submit some data to a PHP file with this content:
<?phpecho $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA;?>

And you'll see what everyone will without SSL.It's not exactly "hello world" but close enough.