storing text file content into mysql

yklxmas

Hiya,I'm just wondering if anyone can help me on this problem.I've got a text file and its content format is something like below00ABCDEF01ABCDEFGGGK3011ABCDEFKBasically, I would like to store them in its format in mysql. I've manually added the contents and called it in its format. However, I tried using ASP code but it just becomes a long string of text.Any idea how I can insert this into database?Many thanks in advance

Check out the TextStream reference - specifically the step entitled "Read all lines from a textfile". It'll show you how you can read each line of a text file, one line at a time. Once you have each individual line, you can insert them, one at a time, into your database.

Basically,The standard code to open up text file.In the loop to read every line,I code it liketextline = textline & textObject.readLineI can tell that this is wrong. Because I will end up with one long long long string without line break. Anyone knows how to store line by line in the same field. Cheers

Like this?

Set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set f=fs.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("testread.txt"), 1)do while f.AtEndOfStream = falsetextline = textline & f.ReadLine & "<br />loop

If all you are doing is converting the line breaks to "<br />", you might try something like this:

text = Replace(text, "\n", "<br />");