position:absolute

dazz_club

Hi guys ive got this image that is placed using absolute, the image is a number plate background, check it at www.cool-plates.co.uk.the image you see. the plate builder, is placed using a php include. If you want to select something for example, from the drop down menu. the images are the ones im having trouble with as they do not move when you resixe the browser.i would like it to be aligned center, and also shift when the browser changes sidehow would i do that?

why don't you just place the rounded rectangular stuff inline?i saw there was a place that fits it prefectly. free u out of troubles and css problems.in fact, what layout do u want? keeping that giant rectangle in the middle of clients' browsers regardless the width and height of them? it can be done. YET, it must cover up some of your buttons, or, if better, it just cover a part of some information beneath. so, think about is that really so important to make it center? in fact, there is a way out, you may make that platelet dragable. but your site seems to be a professional (at least serious) one, instead of a personal one for interest. business homepages seldom have gimmicky effects such as dragable layers ..

Hi therethanks for your quick reply,the place i would like it to be is the space below the top nav ( image, number plates, image, show plates, etc )but above the boxes that say cost, registration, font.well i would like it where it makes sense, not placed over the side nav, top nav, where everything seems right.when i meant centered, i meant centered so it fits with everything. And when the browser is resized with the user it moves in accordance, so the plate is always in view of any browser size. you can go ahead and resize the browser, and everything will shift in accordance, well thats what i want the plate to do but it just stays fixed.cheers

just like to say how i did it.using css, i placed all the plate builder items, such as the font, background images, etc, etc, into a container. the container is then positioned simply using float left. but the others i used position:relative.so all the images needed to build the plate are relative to the container, and the container is basicly the plate background.hope that made sense to anyone