Teamup!

ngaiox

all right, seems like its time to jump in here and get things in order.If a question is posed, it is generally expected that it be answered. from what I gather, these questions have not been clearly responded to:a.) You want a 10-person team with no pay?b.) What are you going to be doing with the forum?c.) Is this for private use only?d.) Is this for commercial/for-profit use? If so, what will be done with the proceeds (from licensing, sales, advertising, etc.)?Please respond accordingly.Additionally, the follow comments/statements exude an attitude that we would suggest refraining from making in the future:"Don't run off justsomeguy's question!!"- This can be interpreted a number of ways. Make pre-statements to soften the mood, even if you are upset or in disbeleif - "unless I am missing something, it appears that a couple of the questions posed have not been answered. I think they are rather important points, please respond""Are you guys re-inventing the wheel here?"- This can easily be interpretted as a direct attack or attempt to discredit one's efforts - "given the discription of the application thus far, I do not see how it is going to dinstinguish itself from other product already out there. Can you tell me why someone would choose your product over these: . . . ""Are you posting some pointless link?" - Whether a link is pointless or not is a matter of perspective. So it is best to define a perspective to understand why a link(in this case) was offered - "I understand(or not) the statement you made, but am unclear on the relavance of the link you offered to support your point.""More features than any other forum at least!" - where is the evidence to support this, there was a question on this and it still has not been clarified"Calm down, no we are not going to do as stated."- even if another member's post can be interpreted as being hostile or aggresive, refrain from barking orders as it onyl adds fuel to the fire - "I understand your concerns and hear what you are saying. What you suspect is not the intent at all."(although I feel more information should be provided)"so I guess you won't be interested."- do not make assumptions or make decisions for other people, stick to the facts as you see them - "as far as I can tell, the questions have been answered. From your post, I gather that you would only choose to participate if you were paid? If that is the case, then perhaps this project is not one you would choose to participate in?""Watch it....I have very VERY little temper with people like you." and "The feeling is mutual."- joking or not, this kind of statement is simply inappropriate and will nto be tolerated. I am all about open, public debate but I will not tolerate a cat fight - do that in PM or go meet at a playground after school, this is not the place."*sigh* When will you ever learn?"- other than being an antagonistic remark, what other purpose does this serve? Refrain from these types of posts in the future.I will not take the time to criticize this type of behavior again. Members who have been here for some time should know better and, in the future, will receive warnings accordingly. For the newer folks, consider this a friendly warning.If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me. Otherwise, lets get back on topic and continue the discussion maturely. I hope the first reply will be a straight response the questions - so we can get that out of the way.

There we go! Thank you skemcin!A- I dont think it will be 10 person, right now it is 3 person. I am doing most of the work, and no, no pay.B- Naigox says he will be selling it, but im not exactly sure if it will exactly "jump off the shelves" (or server in the case :)). Oh yeah, there is also a free version.C- What do you mean? If you mean are we the only site going to be using this, no. Read answer B.D- I dont know.

Thanks reportingsjr, hopefully ngaiox will shine the light on the remaining mysteries.If the reply to item B is true, then the answer to C is no, and that would also dictate that item C is also true. In this case, I understand justsomeguy's concerns to be related to how income from selling the application is going to be distributed amongst the developers. If, how ever little or large that amount is, it is not than are all the developer well aware of this stipulation?These are fair questions that should be addressed by the owner of the project. I appreciate your reply reportingsjr and hope that ngaiox find his/her way here to clarify sooner rather than later.

I added a tree menu for administration. :) There is proof of work there.And yes, I will be selling it, BUT, I am not greedy, and will not keep the money to myself. I will divide it equally with the rest of the team.A.) It's a volentary job if you can read. :) Although, one thing certainly is that at some point the B.) It will be an open source code, but we will also make a paid version. We are currently working on the free version.C.) Nope. Public use. Anyone can use it.D.) Paid version, yes. Free version, no. :) I've noticed alot of you think that I am wanting them to do this for my own private needs, but I swear to you, I am not. :blink: If you don't believe me, don't bother replying or even posting in this thread anymore.

So, aspnetguy (a fellow moderator) has already pointed this out in general terms. Since you [ngaiox] did not quite get the message I was communicating in my original post, I will bring to light two specific examples of the attitude aspnet and myself are trying to bring to your attention

...It's a volentary job if you can read...
...If you don't believe me, don't bother replying or even posting in this thread anymore...
Since, in this case, you are responding to a moderators request, this attitude is not appreciated - especially when we (specifically I) have already attempted to communicate how we feel.So, I will only ask this one more time in the public arena (future contact will be private), please take a few minutes to review your posts before submitting them to be sure that you have taken care in communicating your message without any smart ###### comments - is that clear enough?