PHP 5.2 and MySql 5.0.24

aspnetguy

I am trying to get the mentioned software installed on Windows Server 2003 (IIS6).I have MySql installed and working.I have PHP installed and running but there are 2 problems.1. I can't display PHP errors2. Can't load the MySql Library.I have php.ini in C:\WINDOWS, I have set "display_errors = On" and uncommented the mysql extension.When I run phpinfo() it still says display_errors = Off and there is no MySql information plus a small test app fails to retreive some data from MySql.Any ideas? I followed this tutorial to the letter to get to this point. http://www.tjitjing.com/blog/2006/05/php5-...erver-2003.htmlJust some more info about the setup, it is Win2003 Standard SP1. It also has .Net 2.0 and Sql Server 2000 SP4 installed.

I've got a very similar setup here. Server 2003, PHP5, Mysql, .NET 2.0, and SQL Server 2000. Everything is working fine.It sounds like it is loading a different version of php.ini then what you are editing. It looks for php.ini in several places. You might want to do a search for files called "php.ini" and see if there are more then one. The one I have using here is in the c:\windows folder.Also, keep in mind that you have to restart IIS to get changes in php.ini to come into effect. You can put these commands in a bat file to restart web services:net stop iisadmin /ynet start w3svcnet start msftpsvcnet start smtpsvc

ok I rebooted IIS and PHP is now displaying error message but still not loading the MySql library. "Call to an undefined function mysql_connect()...."I have libmysql.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 - is this correct?I have the mysql extension uncommented in php.ini (and restarted IIS).What else do I need to do? On another note has anyone used SQLite yet? How does it compare to MySql? What do I have to do to get that to work?

Look at your "extension_dir" directive. The php_mysql.dll file must be in that directory. If not, simply set that directive properly. If PHP was installed in C:\PHP5 and the extensions were in the "ext" dir from there, the directive would simply be:

extension_dir = "C:\PHP5\ext"

If everything is OK, PHP should show information about MySQL in phpinfo().