Quick and easy question

casperxkidds

So im in the middle of designing a site for my mom and well she sells a bunch of different products that she hands paints and i was wondering if there was a way or a language i could use so it would take a picture, a price, and about it and put it in for me from one central spot. If it doesnt make sense, you can check out the site www.karejoy-krafts.com and under products i wanna add prices and such to the pictures. Any input would be nice and thanks.

i was looking into xml... now is that only good for lists, or would i be able to grab a part of the xml and place it into the html... im also going to looking into php ( id like to learn it either way ) oh yeah and one more question, any idea on what the best way to sell things would be, as of right now im leaning toward paypal

i was looking into xml... now is that only good for lists, or would i be able to grab a part of the xml and place it into the html... im also going to looking into php ( id like to learn it either way ) oh yeah and one more question, any idea on what the best way to sell things would be, as of right now im leaning toward paypal

Paypal would probably be the smartest option. That takes a lot of the responsibility off of you and puts it on them. It also allows you to take all types of payment (credit card, checking accounts, etc.). Adding credit card payments on your own can be a very difficult process, and if you make a mistake a lot of problems could result.

with all due respect - you should really sit down and figure out where you want this to go. if you see this staying a small mom/pop shop, then I'd save yourself some trouble and look at the various shopping cart options that places like yahoo and ebay offer. just like kcarson mentions about paypal, these will take a lot of application issues off your shoulders. You don't want holes in your cart that allow it to be hacked - don't mess with people and their money.having said that, don't let that stop you from learning asp, php, or cold fusion. Just don't bite off more than you can chew. Use a third party shopping cart and fine tune your html and php skills on the pages out-lying pages that support your cart.