Footer Position

worlann

I just want to say that I am completely new with CSS and HTML, I have only really started in the past three days. One problem I am having is that I want my footer to display at the bottom by default, and get pushed down as content fills the center of the page. However, when using the absolute value, it shows at that position of the page all the time, and the content flows under it. Using fixed makes it show at that location of the browser at all times, again with content flowing under it. Using (position: static/relative; bottom: 0px;) doesn't seem to help at all.I do not have the files loaded anywhere at the moment, but from what I am seeing offline, it looks great, except for this one little issue.

Wow, I was looking at the whole thing wrong. The only thing I had to change to my current code was setting #main's minimum height to 100%, and adding the absolute position to #main and #footer. I am still having problems with it looking right in both Firefox and IE though.

I guess IE is the bane to all aspiring web developers, heh. I can get it only to partially work in Explorer, but the problem is the object ignores the fact that it is inside something, so it shows to the left. Firefox does this too, but I made the image stay in the center by adding {left: 0px; right: 0px;}, but that doesn't work for the browser in blue. Shouldn't there be an align attribute that is called "bottom center?"I can't check, but does IE7 render at all similar to Firefox?