Status

user4fun

For all you addicts like myself that wil log on even on christmas dayMerry christmasthis is alittle over my head, but it will be a neat learning experience.Main Site = www.main-site.commain-site.com offers membership service to siteswww.foreignsite1.comwww.foreignsite2.com etc etc etc etcwww.foreignsites1 2 3 and all of them .com will be given a little code to display in their sitesthe code will log into mysql for www.main-site.com on the load of the foriegn site pageit will pick up the current url of the foreign sitelooks into table 'information' and find column 'status' where column 'site' = the url of the foreign site ( these tablese are already created in to mysql)if status = good view picture 1when clicked open new window and view page www.main-site.com/file1if status = in process view picture 2when clicked open new window and view page www.main-site.com/file2if file not found view picture 3when clicked open new window and view page www.main-site.com/file3any tutorials, starting points, examples or any advise you good folks would like to give me.i understand that the main first code will be in html, since the searching function will probably be php wince it works well with sql and the return would be in html format to support for most sites? or am i just confused.

Do you know php/mysql? I think you're best of searching tutorials (or better yet: books!) about that. Also look into the possibilities of asp(.net) and xml, I'm unfamiliar with both of them but they might be what you need i/s of php.The main page of w3schools offers great intro's to the web languages mentioned above.As soon as you're up-to-speed with what you're intending to do but get stuck, please refer to the appropriate forum.Good luck, and have fun. I'm happy to help out whenever possible.

I am familiar with php and mysql, actually the major idea is already designed based on if statementsthe things that i am not sure about are how to let all that start from a foreign website, like what kind off code to give them to start when the pages is loaded.also to extract the url and use it as a variable is also new to me.i am jsut trying to start onthe right foot. i am not a professional designer and i would hate to elarn a 1000 things just to combine 10 of them together.KNOW HOW TO DOlook up status in information table based on variable ( $sitename)produce results based on the if statmentin each if statment the appropriate hyperlink is also eays to do.DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO1)the code that the would copy paste on their site to start all that without giving them anyusername/password to the mysql tables offcourse, i think maybe some inc files (include)2)extract the foreign site url and use it as $sitename ( php offcourse) to send over to my database and cross reference the infromation.NOTES:I am using the html forum because i was thinking the orginal copy paste code to give to people would be html.something like on page load run thisextract foreign urlsend to files on mysite ( the look up status and if statment)return the resultsbased on results produce the 3 different pictures with their hyperlinks.