What does this mean?

supertrucker

Sorry about the questions one after another, inquiring minds want to know!Can somebody explain to me what this code means? I'm still learning here, and I'm trying to take apart a mail script I downloaded, so i can figure out how to use it correctly, but the examples use this:

$pop3 = new POP3; //	 <------------------- What does this mean???// Get office status $status = $pop3->get_office_status();   // <-------------- and what does this mean/do???

Thanks for your help!Supertrucker :)

Sorry about the questions one after another, inquiring minds want to know!Can somebody explain to me what this code means? I'm still learning here, and I'm trying to take apart a mail script I downloaded, so i can figure out how to use it correctly, but the examples use this:
$pop3 = new POP3; //	 <------------------- What does this mean???// Get office status $status = $pop3->get_office_status();   // <-------------- and what does this mean/do???

Thanks for your help!Supertrucker :)

Well they both have to do with classes so there is a class called POP3 and what the first line is doing is setting a new instance of that class called $pop3.Now in the second line its calling a function inside that POP3 class and storing the value in a variable called $status.Basicly classes are used so you dont have to retype code over and over, so what you do is make an instance of that class and use the functions defined in the class such as it doing in your above code. I hope that clears it up a bit. But if your just learning you might want to get the basic down before you dive into classes and it should make more sense.

I hope that clears it up a bit. But if your just learning you might want to get the basic down before you dive into classes and it should make more sense.
I appreciate it a lot! I am still learning, but I feel I already the grade school stuff down, I'm just trying to read a high school level book in 6th grade! But really, your explanation did help. I kind of understood what classes were, as I've now implemented a mail function into my code using a mail-class I downloaded. I just didn't understand the code that called it, it makes a lot more sense now!Thanks again,Supertrucker :)