30 day trial

MarcP

Good MorningI'm new to this forum and I'm hoping that I can get some help.I'm trying to add either a countDown function or a setTimeout function to make somesoftware that I made into a 30 day trial. At the end of the 30 day period the software will direct you to awebpageI'm a hairstylist and I've developed software that will calculate a hair color formula.I've tried some of the examples located here but with no luck. I'm new to JS and HTML so pleaseexcuse my ignorance on some of these issues.Any ideas?Marc huh.gif

If you want something that is secure I wouldn't rely on javascript for this. Anyone can disable javascript from their browser and override your security settings. I would try and make a 30 day trial thing with a server side scripting language and the only way I see you can monitor how many days is left is with a user account. You can't use only their IP since some users IP change every connection.I would make a login panel and when the 30 day is up the user is directed to a webpage as your say.

Thanks Vchris, Using js would be fine since the software is utilizing js anyway. If someone disables js in their browserthey won't be able to use the software. As far as protecting the sourcecode I have this little program that allows me to encrypt certain segmentsof my sourcecode. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put it up on a website so you can download itand try it.Thanks again Vchris