import simple data from cross domain datatable

Sqrl

Hi everyone,

I probably look stupid to post subject like this one. It's probably the 100th of this genre this yeay?? Anyway here is my project:

I'm working on a blog project on "Tumblr" and need a bit of help to achieve my goal. I'm not a programmer and my knowledge is between -1 and 1. I've worked a bit on c++ years ago and I tought it would be easy but after 2 days looking at this, I'm completely lost in the overwhelming amount of info regarding pulling data from cross domain web page. Html is a new language for me and doesn't rally look like c++ I used.

So my goal is to get waterflow value from a web page in order to add this "same" or "weighted" waterflow to a list of rivers. With all the info grouped at the same place, it gives to kayakers or rafting a good idea about the rivers levels. As a river can run once in the summer when his flow growing 10x in couple of hours, it's important to catch the opportunity.

As I'm not a scripter, I would like to do all this in tumblr basic editor which seems to allow html and javascript on the same board with correct entitle (<script type=”text/JavaScript> and </script>). I tried to figure out how to extract element ID from table and I didn't succeed. I tried iframe stuff and it works pretty well but can't read data to do math with it.

data are stored in table like this

http://www.cehq.gouv.qc.ca/suivihydro/tableau.asp?NoStation=050801

or this one (same but more basic)

http://www.cehq.gouv.qc.ca/suivihydro/fichier_donnees.asp?NoStation=050801

The contend in the blog page will be something like

river xxyy section A ---rapid class---imported Flow050801---flow change in last hour(+or-xx)(latest flow (minus) 1hour earlier flow)--...and some static data

river xxyy section B --- rapid class---imported Flow050801*1.5---flow change in last hour(+or-xx)(latest flow (minus) 1hour earlier flow)...

river aabb section A ---rapid class---imported Flow090933---flow change in last hour(+or-xx)(latest flow (minus) 1hour earlier flow)...

...continue like that

So where to start?

Thanks everyone. I would really like to make this project happen but prog isn't my domain.

Just find this example. It seems it could works. Tried to integrate to a page but it doesn't works. Added to main theme html code and maybe it works but don't know how to show the data

example

Edited by Sqrl

It looks like Yahoo set up a proxy API. You can use that to get the data from the URLs you're looking for, although you'll want to play around with it to see what it will look like. If you can find Yahoo's documentation for that API then there might be a particular format you want to use.