commercial web site

geek@02

hi!i need to build a small commercial website. but i'm new to internet commerce and not very sure how to do this. i have some experience of building simple sites using dreamweaver, but i need to know things like how to handle credit card orders within a website, etc. could you guys please suggest some books, tutorials, lessons on this topic?Thanks for any help.

If you dont know much about internet security, I suggest you use a ready-made online shop, such as PayPal Merchant (I think that's what its called).http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-outsideThe thing with online shopping is that it has to be extra-secure, so no-one will be able to hack into the logs and steal the credict card numer and details. It'd probably take years to get to that level of coding.dain

Yes, its better to give this job to trained professional instead doing yourself as you are new to the subject. Heavy security is required for such kind of sites.Though you are interested you study the followingSQL or MS-Access (as back-end), DataBase Management System,Java, HTML (DHTML, XHTML..), XML, ... (for front-end designing),E-Commerce, Risk Management (to some extend)ISO (Internet Standard Organization) Rules.