Can't Adjust Width Size

ghego1

I have realized a web site using joomla. I started from a very basic template and then I adjusted it to my needs, and everything works as espected. Except one thing, I can't modify the width!Here's the basic code:

#minwidth {background: transparent;width: 1100px;border: 0px;height: .01em;overflow: scroll;}#template_framework {   position: absolute;left: 50%;   margin: 0 0 0 -485px;   width: 970px;}

Then you can see the whole page at http://www.beachpartyfever.comAnyone knows how I could augment the width of the web site (meaning the width of the visible divs inside which there are the div header, content, logo, etc.Thank's!

using position absolute to centre a page is never a good idea. Right! sometimes, joomla templates produce code to adjust css depending on fixed or fluid width design used. I say this as you have inline styling within the <head></head> of the page, which will take precedence over styling set in the template css for the width of the page. this is the inline styling in the head

#template_framework {	margin-left: -390px;	width: 780px;}

this is the styling from template.css stylesheet

#template_framework {	left: 50%;	margin-bottom: 0;	margin-left: -485px;	margin-right: 0;	margin-top: 0;	position: absolute;	width: 970px;} 

IF inline code is not dynamically produced, remove it, and adjust the template width, but I would not use positioning and left properties, i would use

#template_framework {   /* left: 50%; removed by dsonesuk*/     /* margin-bottom: 0;	    margin-left: -485px;         margin-right: 0;	margin-top: 0; removed by dsonesuk*/    margin: 0 auto; /* amended by dsonesuk */    /* position: absolute; removed by dsonesuk*/	width: 970px;}

Oh thank's!!! I didn't notice the inline styling in the head part... My bad! Ok so I've jhust removed the whole framework div, and adjusted the bigbox div (which I had created inside the framework) to the right width! Now I have to rearrange most of the contents, but at least I have control over it!!Thank's so much!

Archived