exporting to html and formatting

tjburdette

First let me give you a background of what's going on. We have what we call a dashboard here at work that shows things regarding safety like how many days it's been since had a unreportable accident, near miss, recordable, first aid or a disabling accident. It has all been kept by printing papers and hanging them manually so far. I am tasked with the job of making this electronic. We are putting up some video screens that will show this stuff. First I built a html form and had all my custom formatting and nice looking things but the way I had it, it would need to be entered everyday. So I then built a database with access 2010. It keeps track of the dates when we last had an accident and calculates reports on that. I put a form in there so when something happens you just have to put the date and type of accident it was and it does the rest. So I know I can output that report to html pretty easily. Is there some way I can get that information into my custom formatting? If you all have a way that it could be done with just coding html then I'll scrap the access stuff I need it to display the current up to date information on my screens.... Thanks

Other than a timestamp, what else do you think/need to update automatically?

Nothing. It just needs to update every morning. For instance if we had an incident that required first aid today. That will be entered in the form and the output would be "0 days since first aid". Tomorrow it would automatically go to "1 day since first aid" and so on etc.....

You'll have to know either php or javascript. I'd choose php. Which do you want to use?

So, you just need to display how many days since the last accident and nothing else?

when you need to talk with database you must use to server side language like php. clientside languages cant handle databases directly. if you had not any experiance with php. reading the basic from the w3s tutorials would be best place to start. for databse handling you can check http://php.net/pdo