PHP and MySQL login script

Anders Moen

Anyone got a PHP and MySQL login script? I want people to log on their account, and when they're logged in, they can for example edit personal information and stuff like that...if anyone got one, can you give it to me or something?I have one now, but it doesn't use cookies so it doesn't remember the user name so only at first when you've logged in, it says "Welcome user_name!" and if I then come back later, it only say Welcome !So...if anyone got one, I'd really like to have it :) (I have a MySQL db).

<?if($_POST['login'] && $_POST['username'] && $_POST['password']){$username=$_POST['username'];$password=$_POST['password'];$check=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username'");$checkuser=mysql_num_rows($check);$checkpass=mysql_fetch_object($check);if($checkuser == 0){echo"That user is not in our db.";exit();}if($checkpass->password != $password){echo"Wrong password";exit();}else{session_register('username'); header("Location: home.php");}}

buttons and other things i supose you can create yourself.Dident test it but think it should do it..if not, tell me and ill try it and fix errors...->Kristian_C.

Not exactly what I was looking for Kristian.I meant to log in by typing in username and password, and the usernames and passwords should be in a database...
Hmm, i just wrote the code you can use, i just hate writing html :) you will need to create a register script tho...but login script is there.->Kristian_C.

Yea, I have a register script (and a login script), but I them to be able to have a personal site, like you can at this forum. And I cannot do that with the one I have now...
use :session_start();$username=$_SESSION['username'];on top of every page, then have a link to a php page like functions.php and have this code there :<?function erhanlogin(){if (empty($_SESSION['username'])){echo "<script LANGUAGE='JavaScript'>window.location='index.php';</script>";exit();}}erhanlogin();?>only include on the files where you need to be logged in tho.->Kristian_C.