IIS Server

Anders Moen

But unfortunatly, you have to. IIS comes bundled with Windows and it evolves with it unfortunatly.I think there were some workarounds to enable IIS under XP Home, but I think they still requre you to have XP Pro CD available.

But unfortunatly, you have to. IIS comes bundled with Windows and it evolves with it unfortunatly.I think there were some workarounds to enable IIS under XP Home, but I think they still requre you to have XP Pro CD available.
for infor:Jan 16th 2007. Just read your message - there are work arounds means installing a couple of Dll's into your system32 folder; copid off win 200 pro - once done - I really cant remember there names sorry if I do I'll come back and let you know - I then used the Windows 2000 prof disc and the xp home installation disc. The files you need are mainly on the XP home disc, to unlock then you need to change the 2 dlls not very well noted above. I had to change the extensions to about 100 files so it was a fiddle but I copied then into a folder and having had to reintall ISS recently I just pointed the update wizard to that folder and reinstalled. It can be done. Bye