IE pains - <div> positioning

Eivo

<div id="backer" style="z-index:0; width:728px; height:455px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; margin-top:123px; visibility:visible; background-color:#666666"></div>

Works in FF2 and Opera, not IE7 (box is there, just not in the right place).:)Why?Thanks in advance...

I guess you want the div centered right?It's currently centered in FF2 and Opera but not in IE7 right?IE doesn't understand the margin auto. You need to set the parent element text-align: center; so the div will be centered and then set your div text-align: left; to have your text left aligned.

IE doesn't understand the margin auto. You need to set the parent element text-align: center; so the div will be centered and then set your div text-align: left; to have your text left aligned.
I am having a similar problem with my footer. I want it to stay in the center (as it does in FF and Opera) it slides to the right in IE. I have it set to tex-align: center; already. I'm not sure why it's doing this. Please help. Page at: http://www.ccicenter.org/new_site/wordpress/weblog/CSS at: http://www.ccicenter.org/new_site/wordpres...theme/style.css

It's fine for me...Except I can't scroll down in IE6 with the right scroll bar. The image overlaps the scroll bar. weird. I don't have IE7 at work.

Except I can't scroll down in IE6 with the right scroll bar. The image overlaps the scroll bar. weird. I don't have IE7 at work.
I just downloaded IE 7 this morning... and the image overlap happened for me before I did... and now with IE 7 the footer is off to the right about 400 pixels. Spooky stuff.