My first post here :D

smiles

my computer has just been connected to Internet (this afternoon), now I want to write some php code and view it runs, W3schools says maybe your server will support it, how can I verify it, could you here give me some waysthanks :)

xampp looks ssssswwweeeeetttttt.took me days to bring some of this together.Smiles since you need a server on youre computer use either IIS or Apache. If want to play or use with databases Apache it.This xampp uses the lasted releases(looks like). That is hard to make compatable. would have choose that route had I known.have fun.

Before a freind reccomended me xampp, i was messing round following a tutorial to try and install apache, php and mysql all sperate, then get them all working with each other - and i was completely lost. Xampp is really simple, just download it and everything is sorted out in one simple installation. There are a few extra things available with it, like "Mercury" and "FileZilla", but i had no idea what they were, so had no use for them.Good luck !