Cookie in iFrame problem

argus.antony

One task of my project is to embed the suppliers' home page inside our home pages. I did it using <iframe>. They look fine and most of them work fine. But one of them does not work. It seems like a cookie problem because an eye shaped icon appeared at the lower right corner. If I enable the cookie, the page works fine. However, the page works without any problem when loading alone without any iframe. If I load the page in another browser or tab, then run my page. My page works fine until I clear the cookie under tools menu.How could I enable the cookie to be loaded for pages in the <iframe>?Any solution is welcome. I am using ASP and Javascript.

Cookies and frames are a weird combination. IE, for instance, treats every window (frame or new browser instance) as a separate window until it has gone to each specific site. So a cookie in the iframe, unless physically written, may not become available immediately. Most other browsers should not have an issue with this. Obviously, you will not be able to read another site's cookie unless your web browser as third party cookie sharing turned on for those sites - so cookies can only be read by the domain which created them.But your explanation is a little vague - how and why are cookies being used and what exactly do you want to happen. Can you share some links so that we can understand a little more just how it is pieced together?

Also, what is the relation between the frameset and the frame source? Is one of them over HTTP and one over HTTPS? Are they on the same domain or different domains? If they are on the same domain, are they also on the same subdomain?