Filter

PrateekSaxena

Hi,Well I think that I have found another problem in Firefox which obliviously does not exist and someone will tell me what I am doing wrong. I am trying to use the "filter:flipv;" in CSS on a <DIV>. It is displaying it in Internet Explorer perfectly but in Firefox the <DIV> seems to be unaffected. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

You mean to say there is no way I can put a filter in FF??

Remember websites should comply with the conventions of the WorldWideWeb Consortium, or W3C. Microsoft decided to create their own set of rules, in order to create Internet Explorer. Since Mozilla browsers are fairly independent they decided to comply to the W3C conventions. This is an old discussion however (the cross-browser gap), one most webdesigners should be aware of.I try to write Firefox compliant pages, test them in Opera and adapt them for Internet Explorer. This way I'm pretty sure most people should view the page as I designed it.To answer your question: according to Google there seems to be no hack, no sollution and no workaround for this issue.I may be wrong tho... keep trying.

Thanks...well I too was not able to find any hack to make filters work on FF. There is one way that I acually edit the SourceCode of FF and make it work with Filter :) . But I do not see it happening in the near future. :)Thanks for sharing your knowledge