Three Column Layout

Perfect S.

Hi!I've been trying to create a centred, three column, fixed width design with a footer that will span all three columns but I cannot find any method that works for most browsers (I test on IE 6, IE 7 and Firefox).Basically I'm trying to get something like this that will work on the more popular web browsers:whatineedmn2.pngThe footer is the problem because I can do most of the other stuff.I've searched and searched but most of the things I've come across don't work on IE 7/arent what I'm looking for. Does anyone here know of any resources / tutorials that would help me find one like this that will work on most browsers?I don't understand why divs are so hard to use if they're supposed to be the way things are done

Have a look through the html/css forum here. Get a sample of the sort of layout you need and make the neccesary changes. Or, Csscreator.com has a layout generator. Have a look over there. I am certain they will be able to do that. You need to know which columns are fixed or flex, the approx heights of header and footer, and colours. I suggest that you use weird colours so you can figure out the css it creates and then revert them to what you need after figuring the layout changes you will make.And you will need to insert the nav bar yourself. Not a major issue.Good luck.

Use a container that will contain all your site. This container is centered so your problem of footer not centered is fixed and to have the footer span all 3 columns use clear: both; on the footer.centering:body { text-align: center; }#container { margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; }