php & froms

Sh13

:) hii have a problemwhen i create a form and wanna use the form variables , first when the page loads , it errors and says that the variables are not defined ! ofcourse after submiting the form i can use the variables , but i dont wanna that errors be shown at first.can u please help me :) ?

Hi!Try this:

if (isset($_POST['AnyFieldName'])) {// ... (The code that uses $_POST['FieldName']/takes care of the input from the form)}...

Good Luck and Don't Panic!

You can also just disable the output of notices. There are several types of messages in PHP, there are fatal errors, warnings, notices, parse errors, startup errors, etc. Notices are the least severe (such as an unitialized variable). If you want to disable the reporting of notices, you can add this line to the top of your script:error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);That will display all messages except notices. This is the default in php.ini. You can also change the value directly in php.ini (if you can edit the file on the server), in which case you would not have to put the above line of code in all of your PHP files.