Pop ups in PHP?

Lengo

I know how to make popus in javascript. And there are many types of pop ups. Javascript handles these well, but I'd rather do this server-side with PHP, not client-side.Is php capable of doing these? Can anyopne point me to an example? Anything helps, for I have plenty of applications for these.I'll stretch it a little bit, and request a specific. I want to do this immediately:Click on a thumbnail image, and have that link to a full screen image (an html file that has an image tag, no scroll bars, no menu, no address bar; just plain jane with close button).Simple, eh? How?

Wont the following work - HTML File

<body><div id="y" style="display:none;"><a href="popups.php" id="hi"onclick="MM_openBrWindow('popups.php','','width=500,height=400')"></body>

PHP File

echo "<script> var b=getElementById("hi"); b.clicked;</SCRIPT>

I know how to make popus in javascript. And there are many types of pop ups. Javascript handles these well, but I'd rather do this server-side with PHP, not client-side.
What do you mean by that? To use php as a replacement of javascript to open pop-ups? If so then the answer is no. You can use javascript to open pop-ups and display content form a php script.

What do you mean by that? To use php as a replacement of javascript to open pop-ups? If so then the answer is no. You can use javascript to open pop-ups and display content form a php script.
Doh! Are ya sure? Does anybody else have input?Drat! I hate to do anything client side unless it's absolutely necessary.

There is an image gallery called "hoverbox" (google it) that might be what you want. It is a css "pop-up" gallery for images and php can be used to create it on the server for presentation on the client machine. Other than that, I think you are looking at javascript, AFAIK.

PHP only runs on the server. You can't use PHP to affect anything on the client computer. All you can do with PHP is to output a piece of code, such as Javascript, that the client can execute. PHP is specifically for execution on the server. Javascript is specifically for execution on the client. Neither of them will run on the other.Seriously, how fun would the internet be if every kid out there with a free host and a tutorial could start messing with your computer?