Javascript function to generate excel file with data from database

JohnCP

Hi all, I was hoping anybody out there would have a code sample to generate an excel document with data that was pulled from the datbase. The user will be clicking on a "generate excel report" button that will call the javascript function from a JSP page. Any help is much appreciated.Thanks, JP

Isn't jsp JAVA, not JavaScript? I think so.. So if you mean java then this is not the right forum section, nor forum for you. There are a few people that know java, how well is a mystery to me. I recommend you go ask at the Sun Java forums (sun makes java F.Y.I). Sorry 'bout your luck mate! Also if you just ask for code I'm not sure they will be so nice.. At least they started to get mean to me!

JSP (JavaServer Pages) is typically Java. What you're trying to do (create an Excel file using javascript) is not possible. What you can do, however, is have the user click a button which loads a jsp file which creates the Excel file on the server. Check out this link to get you started:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=java+excel