Posting site on air

Obi1-Cannabis

Hi,I want to put a site on air, but i've never done it before so what i want to now is what do i need to do.Do i simply buy a domain and a host?How do i associate that domain name with that site in that host?if later i wish to put some new site(s) i obviously need to buy new domain(s), but what about hosts do i need to also buy 1 for each site or one can hold multiple sites and multiple domains? (if so, how is it donne?)big up!

You mean posting site online?First, you need to find a web host to host your website or you can host your own website on a computer you own. Then you get a domain name which points to your server/web host and there you go. Start the coding part! Some web hosters will allow multiple site hosting for the same price. I think usually it's 1 site, 1 price.

yes that's what i meant, i should have known english didn't have that expression.thanks, it works just as i thought.do you think it might be a good idea if i have my own server/host, since i will want to have at least a few sites?

I would strongly recommend getting a hostin provider. You should not host your own server unless you at least know networking and SysAdmin basics as you will have a lot of configuring to do.English does have the term "on air" or "on the air" but it used to refer to radio and television.

You don't need a fast computer to be a web server, anything can be a web server. We had a Pentium-3 600 or something like that running Windows NT4 with IIS and SQL Server and serving up around 20 sites, and it did it for about 6 years. The main factor is the network speed, not the computer speed. A high-powered server never hurts, but it doesn't take a lot of thinking to push out web pages.