Permenant Page Header/Web Banner

aldavewebbs

Hi all! This is an issue that I have wracked my brains over for some time now and after ploughing through umpteen forums I have yet to find a sure-fire solution apart from frames!? Is there any way of keeping a div section of a page as a permanent fixture throughout a web site with the use of css/div tags so it doesn' upload each time you navigate? My perception of this is that only frames can be used for this method however this causes issues for search engines/web crawlers which only access part of the page...Please advise as clearly and concisely as possible!Essentially, is it still wise to use frames in the modern web climate for search engine optimisation???Many Thanks,Ax

You can change the innerHTML of the part of the page that has the content and leave the rest. So the page wont reload and you will be able to change the stuff as well!

This is possible to do using AJAX. They do it at one of the biggest Harry Potter websites on the internet, here: The Leaky Cauldron.If you click a link almost anywhere on the site, it only re-loads the page content. It gets a bit annoying if you're near the bottom of a long page, and then the content re-loads right at the top. I'm not really sure how they do it, but you could ask down in the Java Script forum, or read the AJAX tutorial at W3Schools.