A Few Things I Have Heard on Here

LifeInBinary

I know I could Google it, but I figure I could get a much better idea of this if I just asked you guys instead.1) - What is CMS? I think it's Content Management System - but what is it, what does it do, what do you need to make it, how do you make it, and why do you need it?2) - What is 'front-end' and what is 'back-end'? I think front-end would be GUI, and back-end would be passwords?Thanks,LifeInBinary.

CMS Can stand for the following:CMS-2 programming language, used by the United States NavyCode management system, a script or program for archiving and maintaining source codeContent management system, a system for maintaining web sitesCourse management system, a software system designed to facilitate the management of course materialsClinical Management System, software managing electronic medical records and practice management informationFor front-end and back-end read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontend

Simplest way is to explain it like IPB. You can manage the 'global' HTML output of the site like the title image etc.Also CMS comes under content as well. So you _could_ call a Blog a CMS. But if you have seen and used Joomla thats basically what a CMS is.So basically a system in which content (text, images...anything) is easily manageable thus the name, Content Management System.I hope this helps you :)

So basically a system in which content (text, images...anything) is easily manageable thus the name, Content Management System.I hope this helps you :)
Awesome, thank you. It does help. So anything that users can individually customize - like folders on an inbox, or 'favorites' on a video site, or maybe even a 'shopping cart' on online stores?Thanks,LifeInBinary.

Well i would rather admin's edit the page layout and such :)Its more management systems for admin's more than users. So that you dont have a bazzillion pages to edit when you just want to change the site logo.

Well i would rather admin's edit the page layout and such :)Its more management systems for admin's more than users. So that you dont have a bazzillion pages to edit when you just want to change the site logo.
Ah, okay - lol. So it's like calling .js files from your pages instead of putting the JavaScript in every single page - or setting up your CSS in a way so as that you could very easily change the background color of all headers from green to blue - stuff like that... I think I got it now. Basically making the site really manageable for yourself to organize - not an actually system or programming language or anything like that, but the overall concept of making things easy to edit...Thanks for that Xenon Design,LifeInBinary.