Insert image name and filetype into database on upload?

Anders Moen

Hey!I want to do something like that when someone uploads an image, they image will be added into a folder, called for example upload and in the database it should also display the filetype and filename.So if I upload an image called Anders.jpg from C:\Documents and Settings\All users\My folder\Anders.jpg the image Anders.jpg will be added into a folder called upload + in the database it says [*img]upload/Anders.jpg[/img*] (without stars of course), and then it prints out the image he/she uploaded.How?Upload code:

<?phpif (isset($_POST['submit'])) {if ((($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif")|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg"))&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000))  {  if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)	{	echo "Error: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br />";	}  else	{	echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";	echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";	echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " Kb<br />";	echo "Stored in: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"];	}  }else  {  echo "Invalid file";  }}?>

and then the insert code

<?phpif (isset($_POST['submit'])) {$con = mysql_connect("localhost","peter","abc123");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }mysql_select_db("my_db", $con);$sql="INSERT INTO person (FirstName, LastName, Age)VALUES('$_POST[firstname]','$_POST[lastname]','$_POST[age]')";if (!mysql_query($sql,$con))  {  die('Error: ' . mysql_error());  }echo "Your image was added";mysql_close($con);}?>

But what should I change FirstName, LastName and Age with? I don't know.And by the way, I'm gonna use mysql_real_escape_string so don't use VALUES ('$_POST[name]). The last thing I need is MySQL injections :)

Use move_uploaded_file to put the file in the destination directory. Look up the reference for move_uploaded_file to get plenty of examples, both in the documentation and the comments for it. You already have the file name, so I assume you don't need me to tell you how to get that in the database. And you'll probably want to add image/jpeg to the list of mime types, I think IE is the only thing that uses image/pjpeg. I may be wrong about that though.

But what should I change FirstName, LastName and Age with? I don't know.
What do you mean? They are all coming from post, what do you want to change them with? What else would you insert into a table called person?
And by the way, I'm gonna use mysql_real_escape_string so don't use VALUES ('$_POST[name]).
Let me guess. You couldn't be bothered to do it right the first time.

What? I didn't understand a word of what you just said =/I mean that when someone upload a file, the filename and filetype gets inserted into a table like this: [*img]http://mysite.com/upload/filename.filetype[/img*] without the stars of course. Do you understand now?

I understood the first time. You have the filename, which includes the extension: echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";you have the mime type: echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";So what's the problem? Do you not know how to insert those in a database and read them back out?

Oh! I'll try afterwards, I think I know why I couldn't make it work last time now.I forgot to put $_FILES in front on the $file = $_FILES['type']; etcMaybe it'll work later tonight when I'm gonna try it then