Page break for images

the_paco

How can I avoid breaking images in my print style sheet?See this WIP... in print preview, both IE6 and FF2 break the images (thumbnails) at the bottom of the page while OP seem to insert a page break very nicely.PS: the red border is for laying out my floating divisions... troubleshooting IE6 odd behavior...Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Is there any way I can avoid that the printing trunked the images? A trick to make it so that when a images get break, a page break is forced?I would really like to make the print better on this. See above post for a link to the WIP of this web site.Thanks!

I'm not sure that I follow what you are wanting.Are you wanting to print it the way it looks like on the site?
Not exactly; I want to make it so that when it print, the images of the portfolio pages aren't trunked by the browser page break. In FF and IE7, the images are break/trunked by a page break which I don't like. Opera seem to page break after/before the image(s).I hope I'm making sense... thanks for your time.

Still not sure what you are wanting.
If someone want to print my portfolio pages, it wont print the images properly. Images will be trunked at the bottom and top of paper page.The attached show the default print result (preview) for 3 popular browser. Only Opera seem to handle the images/page break correctly by default.Fire foxInternet explorerOperaI just want my web site to look good if someone print it and I'm having problems with the portfolio pages. Maybe you (or someone else has ideas or suggestions different from what I'm trying to do...?Thanks for your time.

He is saying that IE and Firefox will print 1 image on 2 pages, the first half on one page and the second half on the other (or leave off the second half altogether), and he wants the entire image to print on one page.I'm not sure of the solution, I just thought I would try to clarify the question. Scan through the list of CSS print properties, if there's an answer it would be in there somewhere.http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_ref_print.aspYou might be able to do this:

img { page-break-inside: avoid; }

Hmmm... upon further investigation, it look like it's browser related rather than... me! IE I don't care, FF stubbornly keep on "breaking" my images BUT Seamonkey not!?! and as said Opera work like I expect. I'll dig to see if this issue is report but until, if anybody would have a workaround...Thanks!Forgot; 'page-break' either way doesn't help FF nor IE.