problem with poll

jibo

hi, im wanting a poll on my website with 3 options which iva managed to make using to control panel i gt when installing everything on mysql database (, im new so what i mean is ... when i got the script i wanted, and uploaded everything, i ran the setup so it would use the mysql database which then, i could access a acontrol panel through www.mywebsite.com/poll/admin) when i did this it then allowed me to set up the poll i wanted, after doing this it said.... "Replace "{WAY}" by the way, relative (example : "./" if the page invites you to include your survey in the same repertory, "../", if the page is located in the preceding repertory, "./sondage/" if the page is located in a following repertory) to the root of the repertory for your survey." which i assume means... eg "/poll/poll.php" or something similar. what i also gt was the php code to put into my page where i want the poll which is

<?phpunset($id_rubrique_apoll2, $id_poll_apoll2, $voter_apoll2);$id_poll_apoll2 = 1;$chem_script_apoll2 = "{WAY}";include($chem_script_apoll2."poll.php");?>

the only thing is i dont know how to insert this ode into the index, th index is saved as .php and i tried inserting the code where the template poll is now but i just got errors, can someone please give me a solution, thnks :)and below is a screen shot of my cp incase it helps with the replacing the {WAY} thing oh ye and my site is www.choonage.compoll.jpg

The English isn't very good, but he's telling you to replace {WAY} with the path ("the way") to the poll file. When he says repertory, he means directory or folder. So replace {WAY} in the code block with the relative path to the poll.php file. If you look at these two lines:

$chem_script_apoll2 = "{WAY}";include($chem_script_apoll2."poll.php");

Those are including the poll.php file, so the variable is supposed to hold the relative path to the file. Don't start the path with /, because that makes it absolute, not relative. If you are putting that code in choonage.com/index.php, then way would be "./poll/". If you are putting the code in choonage.com/stuff/page.php, then way would be "../poll/".

so ur sayin i should change the code to say

$chem_script_apoll2 = "./poll/poll.php";include($chem_script_apoll2."poll.php");

so the "." represents the amount of files in the path to the folder ie if it was going in choonage.com/stuff/morestuff/page.php then it would be ".../poll/" is that correct?also do i just do what i have been doing, replacing the small html code for the template poll for the php code? thanks

its fine ive managed to do it from youre help thanks alot.... all i needed to change it to is

$chem_script_apoll2 = "./poll/";include($chem_script_apoll2."poll.php");

and now it works, i jus need to figure out how to change the size and colour lol thnks