Windows Problem

ben3001

Hello team,Couldn't see a place to put this so forgive me if its in the wrong place.It all started when i went to do a small calculation. By click the calculator programme icon, i encountered the following error message.error1qf6.jpgNow im not too good with this technical side but im sure its something to do with the registry and if i mess it i up i could be ... for life. So is there anyway i can sort this problem?Many thanksB

Are you stalking me?I ran into this problem yesterday, someone asked me to look into it for them. Apparently some Windows system files have hard-coded memory addresses where they get loaded into memory, for whatever reason. A recent update for Windows changed the memory space of user32.dll, and some programs now have problems because they try to load user32.dll and find that other programs (like shell32.dll, or hhctrl.ocx) are occupying the memory space that is now reserved for user32.dll.So basically, a Windows update caused this bug. I believe there is another update to fix it. I'm not sure if there is a fix for the shell32.dll issue, I know there is a fix for the hhctrl.ocx error though (I found that yesterday). Try to uninstall the update that caused this problem, which is referred to as ms07-017 (925902) in the add/remove programs list. Removing the update should fix the problem until Microsoft releases another fix for the shell32 issue.You can also check here:http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

Are you sure you have all updates for Windows XPSP2? I just checked for updates, and I have nothing optional, nor high priority waiting (except WGA Notifications, but that's just us pirates) and the calculator is and has been working fine.

Well, I have that update, along with every other high priority AND optional one (including all .NET frameworks and every update that follows after them) and I don't have this problem. How come? The latest Windows update I have is again KB931784.

@justsomeguy: you talking about KB905474? for some reason that update stopped half way through and crashed my pc. My XP is legit lol i have the docs to prove it...The only reason why i can see i have encountered this problem is becuase i recently upgraded my aol to the latest AOL 9.0 VR (Vista Ready)would this have anything to do with it?however when i look at this http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost....62&SiteID=1 i can see people are having the same problem with no way to fix it

Well, notwithstanding the fact that AOL is written by the devil's own programmers, I seriously doubt it would be able to cause something to load into the memory space reserved for user32.dll. That wouldn't make sense, user-space programs should not be allowed to load into kernel-space memory. But, even so, AOL never did anything good for anyone's computer.

Well, I don't have AOL, and never did, and considering AOL's "good" reputation, I'll say this is a possibility.