Hosting & Email

PrateekSaxena

Hi,I wanted to know how many emails I can sent through the PHP mail() function in the Premium Plan of Go Daddy Hosting? Also does anyone know how many emails does the Yahoo Small business plan allow me to send through PHP?Thanks,Prateek

The only limitation you might run into is a server timeout setting for php. Since the clock starts ticking when the page is requested, if you have 100,000 emails to be delivered and you try to do it all at once, then the server will think the page has timed out since it will take so long to do that.Besides that, you do not want to send more than 250 emails at a time within one minute of each other anyway, to avoid being considered spam. So, if you throttle the delivery to where you send 250 emails then the page reloads itself and then picks up the next 250, etc. then you should be set.

Well I wrote to goDaddy about the same and the reply was -

Dear Prateek,Thank you for contacting Online Support. Up to 1000 messages can be sent per day, om any shared hosting account.Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.Sincerely,Amanda P.Online Support Representative
I will keep in mind not to send more than 50 - 75 emails at a time just to be safe

Archived