Source...

cpugeek

I don't think there is a way to hide the source because the source is the code that the server send to your browser so he can render it.What you can do is disallow the right click with JavaScript but the source is still accessable throu the browser menu.

I'm also looking for a way. I am aware u cannot hide html, javascript etcs. I don't think it is possible to disable it though, i think u can make it hard to get thoughome ways to try and fool ppl(Disable right clicks {they can still go to view -> View source})(Put lots of line breaks in at the start so they think it's blank{only works for stupid people})(include no line breaks at all{who would spend hours making it easy to read manually copying the copy and putting in line breaks so they could understand it.})Like i say i'm watching this page but i think it's not possible to hide ALL of your code unfort

(include no line breaks at all{who would spend hours making it easy to read manually copying the copy and putting in line breaks so they could understand it.})
That's probably the best way, all in 1 single ligne :)

(Disable right clicks {they can still go to view -> View source})
They can disable Javascript, check the cache, use another program or script to download the page, use Opera, use a network traffic analyzer, etc etc etc.
(Put lots of line breaks in at the start so they think it's blank{only works for stupid people})
Doesn't hide anything.
(include no line breaks at all{who would spend hours making it easy to read manually copying the copy and putting in line breaks so they could understand it.})
The free HTMLTidy utility will reformat the code in under a second.You cannot hide client-side code. It's client-side code, for god's sake. You can't send the client client-side code and then try to hide it from the client. If you don't want someone to see your HTML code, then don't put your page online.

They can disable Javascript, check the cache, use another program or script to download the page, use Opera, use a network traffic analyzer, etc etc etc.Doesn't hide anything.The free HTMLTidy utility will reformat the code in under a second.You cannot hide client-side code. It's client-side code, for god's sake. You can't send the client client-side code and then try to hide it from the client. If you don't want someone to see your HTML code, then don't put your page online.
wow i jsut got ripped :) I knew it wasn't possible to stop them, but :)

I don't know if html codes can be hidden but in javascript if you want to hide the code you have to hide it trough external linki think it goes something like this <script src="jscript.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>

I don't know if html codes can be hidden but in javascript if you want to hide the code you have to hide it trough external linki think it goes something like this <script src="jscript.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
That isn't exactly "hiding", because when I know the adress (which I will, scince the "src" attribute gives it away), I might as well type it manually in the adress bar and get the file (and thus read it).

thats true . so again if you really want to hide it theres a session variable that sets the privilege to the users account

So again, you can't hide it. It's client-side code. You can't hide it. How many times do I need to say this? Show me a site with "hidden" code and I'll paste the code here.
Exactly what justsomeguy is saying, it's about as useless as disabling right clicking.

Archived