How to bypass php safe mode to increase max_execution_time

sajan

Hi.. Check with the following option: Create .htaccess file @ root directory of ur project and write php_value max_execution_time 0 suppose this will help you...Regards,Vijay

Check with the following option:Create .htaccess file @ root directory of ur projectand write php_value max_execution_time 0suppose this will help you...
Sadly the problem is i don't have access to the server configuration.All i can do is to change the max_execution_time in script.That too is out of option because that server runs php on safe mode.

The point of safe mode is so that people programming on the server can't change certain options. If you could disable or get around safe mode, then it wouldn't be very safe, would it?
Safe Mode to go in PHP6This may please developers who have web hosts that insist upon safe mode! But it will now go totally, again raising an E_CORE_ERROR if found. The reason is that apparently they felt it gave the 'wrong signal', implying that it made PHP secure, when infact it didn't at all. open_basedir will (thankfully) be kept.That's the so called security of safe mode.

Yeah, I read that safe mode will be no more in PHP6. And it's true, safe mode does not do anything to make PHP secure, that's not the point of it, the point of it is to restrict what a programmer can do (to make the server secure from PHP programmers, not to make PHP programs secure from hackers).

That's right. May be this out of context,but i request those who have developing php6 to develop entirely new platform,avoiding backward compatibility that affect the performance ,security of PHP6 and bring a new stable high quality php ,with the ability to develop desktop applications also(LIke JAVA).At first it may be a steep learning curve,but the result is we can programme in an highly robust,efficient language.

Ok But i think pht-gtk is still evolving and its installation and user documentation is a mess.I downloaded gnope ,its a total mess.Its not working (i could not find a documentation.If any one of you know please let me know,how to develop using gnope). May be the php-gtk team just wants an off line version of php.I will be very happy if gtk provides support for manipulating system level functions such as c has ,and high level application such as vb ,vb.net or c# have.

Well GTK is just the graphical part, the interface. PHP is still used for the programming logic, you just use GTK to draw the windows and make the buttons and whatnot. You can develop libraries for PHP using C to do what you need to do, or PHP can also make system calls or run other programs.

Archived