dragging with ocsillation problem

atimakula

I am trying to drag a movie clip somewhere and then have it dampen ocsillate. I can oscillate, and I can drag and drop, but I can't drop while I have the code allow oscillating. Here's what I put in my MC's action script:

onClipEvent(load){	var ymov = 0;	var ycen = 80;	var xmov = 0;	var xcen = 80;		var k=2; // spring variable	var m=1; // mass	var b=.5; // experimental dampening constant		var a_x=0; // acceleration	var v_x=1; // velocity	var xdiff=1;	var a_y=0; // acceleration	var v_y=1; // velocity	var ydiff=1;		//a+(b/m)*v+(k/m)*x	 (this is the physics function that I used)}on (press) {	startDrag("");}on (release) {	stopDrag();}onClipEvent(enterFrame){	xdiff = xcen-this._x;	a_x = (-(b/m)*v_x - (k/m)*xdiff)/10	v_x += a_x;	this._x -= v_x;		ydiff = ycen-this._y;	a_y = (-(b/m)*v_y - (k/m)*ydiff)/10	v_y += a_y;	this._y -= v_y;}

Put the oscillating clip inside another clip that you actually drag. You can drag the parent clip and the child clip should still be able to animate.
actually i solved this, but I didn't have internet to tell the solution. I ended up just adding an if then in the clip. I would set a variable to tell if it's being dragged or not and had the if then include the ocsillation. That's how I ended up fixing that. But now I pose another problem (another topic: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=13758). I need to find a way to change the scene or frame on another movie clip, when I move the oscillating movie clip into a square, circle, or past a line. Could someone help me with this? I'll add it to another topic.

Archived