Streaming mp3 with javascript (can Jscript do it ?can do it while user change pages?)

immunity

Hello i would like to add a mp3 for background sound but its server's upload its low bandwidth :) and the file is 2MBIs there any way to play it like a stream ?Is there any way so Internet explorer cache it and while user change pictures music still playing?Thanks,John

Why with javascript? Try:
<embedsrc="x.wav"width="x%"height="x%"></embed>

I want to be background (so guest will hear it one time every time he join my first page)and if he leave the first page he will still hear it until the song end :)thx for embed :) (i displace BGsound with this :) ) ok my problem is that the song = 20 secso maybe the user go to the next page.I want to hear it whole :blink: is there any way ?(store it on the browser memory ? (how)

i see :blink: anyway thank you very much :)
althought i think there is a way with AJAX (what i am using)Of course it is able to make all your site be display in 1 page(:) so no other page will be loaded) and via Ajax you will bring the objects user had selectedI am curious if you can request a page and inside that page put the sound to play. ( i am gonna test that :))

This thread has exceeded the maximum amount of recommended smilies to avoid annoyance.If the page gets refreshed, you cannot persist anything, including audio, through the refresh. If clicking on a link does not require a refresh, such as if you have your entire site being loaded through AJAX requests all on one page, then it's the same as if the user stayed on one page the entire time, so things like audio would play until they closed the browser or went to another page.

Archived