Validation problem

sircharlo

"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 64, 103-106, 110, 114-115, 117, 120-121, 129-131, 134-137, 140-141, 144-145, 150-151 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication."re: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&am....qc.ca%2Fmom%2Fyou got a lot of these: �try taking a page with no content - just the bare bones of the site and call it template.htm Then try top validate that. Alot of time people end up screwing up good hard work by entering content that is not reviewed.

This is what I see in the page source:Heureusement, la majorité de nos problèmes de santé peuvent êtres évitésand this is what I see on the page:Heureusement, la majorit� de nos probl�mes de sant� peuvent �tres �vit�sThere is something wrong with the encoding. Make sure that the file is actually saved as a UTF file, not an ASCII text file.

Save the file using a text editor where you can specify the encoding of the file. You can do that with the PSPad editor under the Format menu.
Well, i'M using a HTML editor, so there shouldn't be any problem.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but even the subtitle of your post has an odd character in it: Ħelp. It would appear that it isn't just happening in your HTML.

• 3 months later...
There's no guarantee that your editor is saving the files in UTF. I know of several text and HTML editors that do not support UTF.
I'm using Coffee Cup Html Editor 2007, is there an option to save as UTF in that ?

Archived