alternating Background

user4fun

How can i mage the back ground color of a row alternate as it pulls records form table.I am guesing it is easy because you see it every where.?while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {echo '<td>< /></td>';echo "<td></td>";echo "<td><td";echo "</tr>"; Then at the start of another record the color would change to bgcolor="#F2F2F2"}echo "</table>";

so would this be righT? because this is something i'm thinking of doing for my site

$alt = true;while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {  if ($alt)    #F2F2F2  else    #FFFFFFecho "<tr bgcolor=".$alt.">"; echo '<td>FName</td>';echo "<td>Sname</td>";echo "<td>Age<td>";echo "</tr>"; }echo "</table>"; 

would this be correct and alternate the back ground colour of the table?

The original code isn't valid, you can't just write the hex color code on a line with nothing else. Also, lines starting with # are comments, so it's commented out anyway. I would do it like this:

$alt = true;while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {  if ($alt)	echo "<tr bgcolor=\"#F2F2F2\">";  else	echo "<tr bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">";  $alt = !$alt; //make sure to toggle $alt

justsomeguyyour not echoing the <td> or would you do that after the final echo or after the $Alt = !$alt ?

$alt = true;while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){if ($alt)  <tr bgcolor=\"#F2F2F2\">";else <tr bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">";echo "<td>FName</td>";echo "<td>Sname</td>";echo "<td>Age<td>";echo "</tr>";$alt = !$alt;}echo "</table>"; 

so that would be correct right?

Your missing two echo's in your code...it should be:

if ($alt)   echo "<tr bgcolor=\"#F2F2F2\">";else   echo "<tr bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">";

not

if ($alt)<tr bgcolor=\"#F2F2F2\">";else<tr bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">";

Archived