Counting lines of code

robber2

Use a text editor with line numbers. There is a link in my signature to ConTEXT, after you install it look in the options to turn on line numbering.Also, IE gives terrible error messages for Javascript errors. If IE is telling you about a Javascript error on a certain line, the error might not be on that line. I have had IE tell me that I have errors on blank lines before, so I'm not entirely sure how IE determines line numbers.

Use a text editor with line numbers. There is a link in my signature to ConTEXT, after you install it look in the options to turn on line numbering.Also, IE gives terrible error messages for Javascript errors. If IE is telling you about a Javascript error on a certain line, the error might not be on that line. I have had IE tell me that I have errors on blank lines before, so I'm not entirely sure how IE determines line numbers.
Thank you, I'll take a look at ConTEXT.

But, if you really want to stick to MS Notepad, then the line and column numbers are displayed to the right of the status bar, just click around while you get closer and closer :)But something like FireBug is quite useful, though be careful! It does not display actual source, but rather the source that is parsed (i.e. after JS scripts have run, etc.)

But, if you really want to stick to MS Notepad, then the line and column numbers are displayed to the right of the status bar, just click around while you get closer and closer :)But something like FireBug is quite useful, though be careful! It does not display actual source, but rather the source that is parsed (i.e. after JS scripts have run, etc.)
Now I know...But something I learned yesterday: turn OFF word wrap, then you'll see the status bar (if enabled) and will be able to ctrl+g to go to a line of text. Only adding this for the sake of someone else's subsequent curiosity. Thanks for the help, y'all!

Archived