Textarea Wrap

sircharlo

Hi, everyone !I need help setting the wrap feature for textareas.Currently, This is what happens when someone enters alot of text without pressing Enter in IE:ScreenShot007.pngHowever, this is what happens in FF:ScreenShot008.pngHow do I acheive the IE result (somesort of auto-wrap) in FF and other browsers ? (Note: The vertical scrollbar in IE is not necessary, and in fact I don't like it. Is there a way to remove it and put it only if necessary ?)Thanks !

In the textarea tag you can try <textarea wrap="hard"></textarea>The relevant CSS property for showing scrollbars is overflow:auto;

the threads I found claimed this was a bug and had been reported to Mozilla, however that was in 2005. Either it is not a bug or Mozilla is taking a long time in fixing it.
Is there a way around it ?

Did you try wrap="hard" ?

What relevant CSS properties ?
overflow:auto; to fix the vertical scrollbar problem in IE, as I said earlier...

When I tried wrap="hard", my validator said the attribute wrap didn't exist. But it doesn't matter, my problem is solved.Turns out when it's just one long word, FF doesn't wrap it, but when there are many words in a phrase, it does, so I don't have a problem anymore.Thank you all very much for the time you devoted to helping me !

Archived