Meta Tags

user4fun

What is better and i am talking about the meta tags with the keywords.Option 1A set for every page, and make them different a bit with the over all keywords repeated .Option 2One set in the main header which cis alled by the include function in php.Option 3Just regularly inputed int the index page because that is the page that really matters.Option 4What is the right way to do it.?

Option 1A set for every page, and make them different a bit with the over all keywords repeated .
But only provided that the "over all keywords" exist somewhere within every page. If they don't exist in the contents of the page, it's better not putting them.Actually, the meta keywords aren't that important anyway. The description usually means more to search engines, but because it's readable in the search results, it should be descriptive, not as just another set for keywords.

so what is it that makes acompany be in the first page of a search engine and another in page 25is it the number of site visitors?
The number of (quality) links that point to it. That's what makes the most difference. There are other small SEO tricks that could boost your rank, but links to the page always prevail. For example, there are many blogs that refer to the XHTML specification, tutorials, browser implementations, screen readers, etc. so it shouldn't be surprising that a search for XHTML always results in the XHTML specification at the top.By "quality" links I mean "links from more then one domain" and "links that have a text that is or at least contains the searched keyword".

so let me get this straightso if i have my link at someone elses website, and the link is (quality) and someone clicks it, does that help? so it does not have to be a straight search out of the search engine it self.?and the same if i have quality links within my website it self.and also here is a link which part matters<a href="me/index.php">Find out how </a>is the part that matter s the me/index.php that should have the keywords inORthe find out how is what matters??

By "quality" links he means links from high-traffic sites. If Joe's Cool Links has a link to your site it's not going to mean anything, but if your link is on the front page of yahoo.com for a while then you are going to get a big boost in your ranking.

It makes sense, what if my link is at 20,000 joes.com links?? whould that help, or is all the small guys that are being pooped on. lol
The easiest way to think of it is to understand that search engines work like word of mouth advertising. If all your neighbors recommended the same mechanic to fix the widget in your car, wouldn't you feel comfortable choosing that mechanic. More to the point, what if those neighbors and the guys from NPR's "Car Talk" also recommended that same mechanic - you'd almost be considered a fool to NOT go there. On the otherhand, lets say you are stating at the gate to the next NFL game in your town and you are conducting a survey - which mechanic to choose. At the end of the day you might have the 5 most mentioned names - which one do you choose?Search engines base relevance off the same principle - the tie goes to the relevance of the keywords and content. The more respectable references to your site, the higher the ranking. Try too hard to make up for that with keyword stuffing or other old school tricks and you're likely to hurt yourself more than help yourself.The real question to ask yourself is in the pool of websites globally are you sure your visitors are relying on the search engines to find the drop of water you represent? Or are there more traditional means that you should use to promote the use of your site and spend more time making sure your site retains those who do visit?

I am getting the idea, okay, what do you do so you can have your city block know you just opened a mechanic shop. ?If the answer is advertise, then i would have to diagree, because i would have to morgage my house , my brothers house, my dads IRA's, my mams mutual funds, my car, my wifes car, my life insurance policy and the cloth that i am wearing just to advertise in the same matter to a city block for it to be in relavance to the whole god darn world (the internet)?? What do small busines do??

In terms of linking, the Google algorithm gives different sites rankings. If you have a link on a site that has a high ranking of 8 or 9, like w3schools does, then that link will boost your own ranking a lot more then several links from sites with a low rank like 1 or 2, like most forums and community sites and things. It doesn't mean a lot to post your link in a forum because a search engine is intelligent enough to recognize the forum as being of little importance, mostly because you post anything you want. But if the same relevant keywords appear with your link in posts on hundreds of different forums, then eventually those will add up and your ranking will improve, just not as quickly as if you have links on the higher ranked sites.The best thing you can do with a smaller site is to use the type of language you want people to be able to search for. If you have a business where you offer a certain service in a certain city and you want people in that city to be able to find you then you need text on most of your pages talking about the service and mentioning the city. If you can convince a search engine with the language you are using that your site is relevant for certain keywords then it will be ranked higher. Other then that, try to get listed in whatever community directories you can as a start.

Archived