Email Senter

The Sea King

form_email.htm

<form name="Email stuff" action="send_email.php"method="post"><input type="text" name="Email" size="20" value="Youe email address" tabindex="1"><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="Submit"></p></form>

The above form is in page form_email.htmit will grab the user entry and POST it to the send_email.php filesend_email.php

$email = $_REQUEST['Email'];$to = "lostwaterking@hotmail.com";$headers = "From: Mysite <lostwaterking@hotmail.com>\r\n";$headers .= 'Reply-To: Updates <lostwaterking@hotmail.com>';$title = "Request to subscribe";$body = <<< emailbodyI wish to subscribe to this site for updatesthe email that i have given you is  $emailemailbody;$success = mail($to,$title,$body,$headers);?>

good luck, i dont know much, but let me know if there is anything else i can do for you.

question: Is it missing the beginning...

<?php

in this code:

$email = $_REQUEST['Email'];$to = "lostwaterking@hotmail.com";$headers = "From: Mysite <lostwaterking@hotmail.com>\r\n";$headers .= 'Reply-To: Updates <lostwaterking@hotmail.com>';$title = "Request to subscribe";$body = <<< emailbodyI wish to subscribe to this site for updatesthe email that i have given you is  $emailemailbody;$success = mail($to,$title,$body,$headers);?>

It's probably an error with the email server. If you are testing this on your local computer, you need to have an email server configured for PHP to use in php.ini, in most cases that means you need to also install an email server on your local computer that PHP can connect to.

Archived