Wird problems with links :s

Kristian_C

Hey guys and gals, its a verry long time since ive been posting in the css forum, so here i am again :)... well now my problem is really wired, as i have some id's and just ordanary classes for links, all the links seems to be runned by the same css class even if the id/class is different then the one that fu*ks it up... Dont really have a clue of whats wrong so had to come back here :)..My code :

body {	background-color: #222222;	cursor:default;	scrollbar-darkshadow-color:030303;	scrollbar-face-color:222222;	scrollbar-arrow-color:121212;}.mad a:link, a:visited, a:active {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	font-size:12px;	background:none;}.mad a:hover {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:cccccc;	font-size:12px;	background:none;} .main-header {	background-image:url(bilder/grad-01.gif);	width:100%;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:121212;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset;	font-size:13px;	font-weight:900;}.main-content {	background-color:242424;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset;	width:100%;	font-size:12px;}.menu-header {	background-image:url(bilder/grad-01.gif);	width:100%;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:121212;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset;	font-size:13px;	font-weight:900;}.menu-content {	background-color:242424;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset;	width:100%;	font-size:12px;	}a:link, a:visited, a:active {	background-image:url(bilder/link-bg.gif);	background-position:left,top;	background-repeat:no-repeat;	background-color:272727;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	width:100%;	font-size:12px;}a:hover {	color:cccccc;	font-size:12px;	background-image:url(bilder/link-bg-hover.gif);	background-position:left,top;	background-repeat:no-repeat;} .tekst {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	font-size:12px;}.image {	border:1px;	border-style:inset;	border-color:000000;}.site-top {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:14px;	font-weight:900;	color:444444;}.input-forside {	background-color:151515;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset; 	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;	color:444444;	margin-left:30px;}.input-forum {	background-color:151515;	border:1px;	border-color:000000;	border-style:inset; 	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;	color:444444;}.forum-link a:link, a:visited, a:active {	color:555555;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;}.forum-link a:hover {	color:cccccc;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;}

Hope someone can help =)...-Kristian_C

These classes:.mad a:link, a:visited, a:active {.forum-link a:link, a:visited, a:active {will have preference over this class:a:link, a:visited, a:active {The more specific values will be used. Properties that were defined in the .mad and .forum-link classes (I'm not sure that "-" is a valid character for a class name) will override the same values in the general "a" class, and any properties in the "a" class not in one of the others will be used for the other links as well.What problem are you having?

What problem are you having? -------The general problem aint that the classes with "-" dont work, for they do :).. but the main links i want in the menu cannot be the same class as the other links on my page cuz i need to have images before the link like (Image)Link..So the thing is that my menu links are takeing over all links :).. wird :s

All links are being affected by this:

a:link, a:visited, a:active {	background-image:url(bilder/link-bg.gif);	background-position:left,top;	background-repeat:no-repeat;	background-color:272727;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	width:100%;	font-size:12px;}a:hover {	color:cccccc;	font-size:12px;	background-image:url(bilder/link-bg-hover.gif);	background-position:left,top;	background-repeat:no-repeat;}

If you want to change all links on the page, you change that. Any link inside an element with a class of "mad" will also use these properties:

.mad a:link, a:visited, a:active {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:666666;	font-size:12px;	background:none;}.mad a:hover {	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color:cccccc;	font-size:12px;	background:none;}

and all links inside an element with a class of "forum-link" will also use these:

.forum-link a:link, a:visited, a:active {	color:555555;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;}.forum-link a:hover {	color:cccccc;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size:12px;}

You should have a # symbol before the colors though, technically cccccc is not a valid color, #cccccc is.

Archived