please help me out!

igourav_me

Hello, im creating a form for my website in Html. it is a big thing and i cannot explain it fully so please find the code below and save it on your pc as .html file. After you save please tell me so that i can tell you what to do next . Please help! only serious html form users.the html code starts here-------

<html><style><!--table.MsoTableGrid	{border:1.0pt solid windowtext;	font-size:10.0pt;	font-family:"Times New Roman"}--></style><body><table class="MsoTableGrid" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; border: medium none" width="266" height="132">  <tr style="height: 80.05pt">    <td valign="top" style="width: 333; height: 130; border: 1.0pt solid yellow; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; background: yellow">    <table class="MsoTableGrid" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="left" style="border-collapse: collapse; border: medium none; margin-left: 6.75pt; margin-right: 6.75pt" width="271">      <tr>        <td valign="top" style="border: 1.0pt solid red; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; background: red" width="255">        <p class="MsoNormal" align="center"><b><span style="color:white">        <font size="3">Worldwide Shipment Calculator</font></span></b></td>      </tr>    </table>    <p class="MsoNormal">  </p>    <p class="MsoNormal"><b><font size="3">Country/Region: </font></b> <select name="countries"><option value="afghanistan">Afghanistan<option value="albania">Albania<option value="algeria">Algeria<option value="american samoa">American Samoa<option value="andorra">Andorra<option value="angola">Angola<option value="anguilla">Anguilla<option value="antigua">Antigua<option value="argentina">Argentina<option value="armenia">Armenia<option value="united kingdom" selected="selected">United Kingdom<option value="usa">USA</select></p>    <p class="MsoNormal" align="center"><input type = "reset" name = "clear" onfocus = "currTab = false" value = "Clear" class = "volbutton" />     <input type = "button" onclick = "validateForm( 'currency' ); return false" value = "Calculate" class = "volbutton" />          </p><table border = "0" cellpadding = "0" cellspacing = "0" width = "214"><tr>	<td width = "130" class = "mandCap" align="left">    <b><font size="3">Shipment Charges:</font></b></td>	<td width = "78" class = "mandCap" align="left"><input type = "text" size = "10" name = "result" value = "0" onfocus = "fnsetTab();"></td>	<td width = "4" class = "mandCap" ></td></tr></table>    <p class="MsoNormal"> </td>  </tr></table></body></html>

hi there.a few thingsone, is, when posting code, use the 'code' button above where you type in your post, this makes your post easier to read.also, i dont understand fully what your trying to do. are you trying to make it work? html alone wont make this work, as html is just a formatting tool, to make web pages look the way they are.to actually interact with the user, which is in a sense what your doing here, you need some sort of scripting.someone who knows more than me would be able to explain more.hope that helps:)

hello, real illusionsthanks for your reply, i hope you saved it to your computer and saw it in a browser. the hing i want is tha when we select any country/region from the drop down form and press the calculate button after that and in the shipment charges the answer should automatically come.suppose if you select the country uk and press the calculate button then in the shipment charges box the preset(the charges would be preset) charges for example if the charges are 45 thn it will appear 45 in the box. see that no linking should be there. you will understand this thing only after you have saved the whole codegourav

Hello igourav_me,Please stop saying "Hello *username*, thanks for your reply". It's really annoying. Seriously... we aren't business men or some big corporation here after all. I know you are trying to be polite but still...Anyway. In order to process a form you would need SOME kind of language. What you use is totally up to you. You may use client side scripting (JavaScript, VBScript, etc.) or server side scripting (PHP, ASP(.NET), JSP, ColdFusion, etc.). There isn't a best language. It's all coming from the environment.If your host doesn't support server side scripting you'll have to use JavaScript or VBScript. The better choise from theese two is definetly JavaScript though scince it's more popular meaning that if you want to do something it's more likely that someone will help you.If your host does support a server sode scripting you'll have to see which one and learn the appropriate language. If it has a support for more than one server side I would recommend using the one that is not PHP unless you aren't sure if you're going to stay with that host.In anyways HTML and/or CSS alone are too simple for what you are asking. Instead of posting a new topic every time you want to do something "dynamical" I suggest you learn some of those languages yourself.

I know one thing, that you should have head tags in your document, and title<html><head><title>Untitled document</title></head><body></body></html>Any <style> tagset should be placed within the <head> tagset.

For the future, please don't make more than one thread for a topic, and instead try to find which forum it fits best in.I locked these threads:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1527http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1524as this thread "version" has generated most replies.Thank you. :)