Border/Padding

AnonymousX

I'm relatively new to CSS, so I apologize if I ask something very stupid in nature. I am currently using CSS in my portfolio, but am having a problem with the padding of my content area. Whenever I pad the content 10px on the left and right, it pushed my border functions over so that they no longer line up with the rest of the site. Any help would be appreciated. I've added my novice coding for the benefit of those who aid me.

body { 		background : #000;		font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;		font-size : 10px;		text-align : center;		}#container{ 		width : 550px;		background : #000;		text-align : center;		top : 5px;		margin: 0 auto;		position: relative;		}	#header {  		background: url('Images/aa_logo.jpg') no-repeat;		width: 550px;		height: 130px;		background-color: #000;		}				#content { 		width: 550px; 		height: 500px;		border-left: 1px solid #253e5a;		border-right: 1px solid #253e5a;		border-bottom: 1px solid #253e5a;		text-align: left;		color: #fff;		font-size: 12px;		padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;		}				#footer { 		background-color: #000;		color: #fff; 		width: 550px; 		height: 300px;		text-align: center;		font-size: 10px;		}

I'm relatively new to CSS, so I apologize if I ask something very stupid in nature. I am currently using CSS in my portfolio, but am having a problem with the padding of my content area. Whenever I pad the content 10px on the left and right, it pushed my border functions over so that they no longer line up with the rest of the site. Any help would be appreciated. I've added my novice coding for the benefit of those who aid me.
body { 		background : #000;		font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;		font-size : 10px;		text-align : center;		}#container{ 		width : 550px;		background : #000;		text-align : center;		top : 5px;		margin: 0 auto;		position: relative;		}	#header {  		background: url('Images/aa_logo.jpg') no-repeat;		width: 550px;		height: 130px;		background-color: #000;		}				#content { 		width: 550px; 		height: 500px;		border-left: 1px solid #253e5a;		border-right: 1px solid #253e5a;		border-bottom: 1px solid #253e5a;		text-align: left;		color: #fff;		font-size: 12px;		padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;		}				#footer { 		background-color: #000;		color: #fff; 		width: 550px; 		height: 300px;		text-align: center;		font-size: 10px;		}

Can you link the site?

Archived