HTML update utility

k3n3t1k

I am currently working with a client that at the completion of our contract wants to update the web site themselves, while I maintain it. The only problem is that they have little or no HTML knowlege or experiance. I was wondering if anyone knows of a web based update utility or if there is a way to write one. I have been trying some ideas with PHP to no avail. I have also tried to connect with some well known sites that have web based update utilities such as MySpace.com or Facebook.com.If anyone has any suggestions that would be a great help.Thank you,k3n3t1k

You'll have to write such an update utility yourself. Preferrably that uses BBCodes like this forum. You should really request A LOT of extra money for that, as you're then practically creating them a CMS and they'll probably seek you less and less for maintainance (thus reducing your income). Not to mention creating such a system takes some time to ensure a good feature set and security.

That is a possability. Although these people are those high and tight po=rofessional types, its kinda annoying. Im still looking at PHPBB. but if there are any more suggestions, they are still greatly appreciated.

Archived