what is after html ??

sp_mmf

hiii alli have finished learning htmland i want to start php i want to know must i learn any thing else such as(javascript,css,xhtml) before starting phpor i start php directly after finishing htmlwaiting for replies

PHP does not rely on HTML, Javascript, CSS, XML, or any other language, it is a standalone language. If you are using PHP to output to a web browser then you will want to know as much HTML, Javascript, and CSS as necessary to set your page up how you want, but that's just the output from PHP, PHP itself doesn't rely on any of those.

php is a logical next step, as I see it.How I look at things:(x)html creates content and semantic structure for the web siteCSS is used to style the content, colour it, move it around the pagejavascript is used to manipulate the content at the Client's endPhp is used to generate 'dynamic' content for the site.Ajax blends javascript/html to allow Client manipulation of the contentThey all must learn to play together with the Client's Browser acting as a Playground Supervisor...And there are inter-connections. Html can affect the styling, as can javascript, for example, but that isn't the purpose for the tool. Learn to use the right tool for he job.*edit*No, you never really finish learning. You mean you now have a handle on the basic stuff. There will always be something new to learn in this racket.

i mean that i want to be agood webdevoloperso, my question was the steps after "html" ?start with php then go to javascript and xml or start with those and then start with php

The most common and sensible learning curve is HTML, XHTML, CSS and PHP (in this order). From then on, you can learn a variety of other languages that enhance web pages. JavaScript is the most common language which web developers usually learn. It is used to adjust the page (the (X)HTML code really) without reloading the page, whereas PHP requires a new request to the page in order to recreate the web page (requiring the browser to redownload everything). Using JavaScript is also the only way to adjust the page code when events other then a page request occur, such as a mouse movement, a key press, etc.

The most common and sensible learning curve is HTML, XHTML, CSS and PHP (in this order). From then on, you can learn a variety of other languages that enhance web pages. JavaScript is the most common language which web developers usually learn. It is used to adjust the page (the (X)HTML code really) without reloading the page, whereas PHP requires a new request to the page in order to recreate the web page (requiring the browser to redownload everything). Using JavaScript is also the only way to adjust the page code when events other then a page request occur, such as a mouse movement, a key press, etc.
thanks alot boen_robotit helps

Archived