preselected radio button on page load

Guest ashwinkudwa

Guest ashwinkudwa

Does anybody know as to how can i preselect the topmost radio button among the many dynamically generated radio buttons when the page loads with the help of html:radio tag. :)

if they are dynamically generated through a for loop or some thing do this

for(i=0;i<10;i++){    if(i==0)    {         radioHtml = "<input type=radio selected>";    }    else    {         radioHtml = "<input type=radio>";    }    Response.Write(radioHtml);}

And if you like to write in newer HTML, called Xhtml, and for the difference execute JavaScript instead of VBScript, you could do it like this:

for (i=0; i<10; i++){  if (i==0)  {      radioHtml = '<input type="radio" selected="selected">';  }  else  {      radioHtml = '<input type="radio">';  }  document.write(radioHtml);}
:)Oh, and before I forget, you can comprimate all this to just thes lines:
for (i=0; i<10; i++){ radioHtml = '<input type="radio"' . ( (i ==0) ?' selected="selected"' :'' ) . ' />';} document.write(radioHtml);
Edited by Dan The Prof

• 5 years later...

I found that the attribute "checked" worked for me as in :

<input type="radio" name="upc" value="upc" checked /> Include UPC<br />

whoa! >.<I guess that's what you get for just selecting the read last post orange box, haha. :)

thescientist, good point on the checked="checked". I'm sure you just helped me avoid a validation issue. Anyway, I was just trying to make use of the archive. Interestingly, it was the only topic that came back on my search. I expected more topics on the subject.

Edited by niche