DropShadow to TEXT

aamberker

Hi CSS Experts :) hummmmm... Well, I would like get "Drop Shadow" effect to text inside "Text Box". The following is the CSS code I have assigned to the text box ~.loginTextbox { width: 181px; border: 2px solid #7f9db9; background-color:#f69522; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; text-decoration: blink; vertical-align: middle; height:20px; line-height: 20px; text-indent: 5px; filter: shadow(color:black);}But whewww... The "Drop Shadow" effect is not showing-up yet :) HELP!!!... HELP!!!... HELP!!!... :)

Filters are only for IE... and the text-shadow property is not implemented yet on any browser I know.

Filters are only for IE... and the text-shadow property is not implemented yet on any browser I know.
hummm... hummmmmmm... Just now I tried on this - filter: Shadow(Color=#000080,Direction=135,Strength=5);Still nothing is happening :)

Umm... are you using Internet Explorer? If you aren't, then it won't work, full stop. If you are, then using colons ( : ) instead of = should do the trick.

Umm... are you using Internet Explorer? If you aren't, then it won't work, full stop. If you are, then using colons ( : ) instead of = should do the trick.
Hi Synook,YUP!!!... I am using Internet Explorer version 7. OKAY!!!--- Will try using colons ( : ) instead of equal ( = ) ... hummm... Let's hope that it does the trick...Thanks...

Might need to wait for CSS3 to happenhttp://www.css3.info/preview/text-shadow/try that using Opera 9.5 or Safari(windows)
Hi jlhaslip,WOW!!!... CSS3??? WOW!!!.. That sounds cool!!!... But Adobe has already released Dreamweaver CS3... Am I making sense??? Is it there in that??? What do you think???? I have only Internet Explorer version 7 and Mozilla Firefox. As Synook said, I will try using colons ( : ) instead of equal ( = ) ... hummm... Let's hope that it does the trick...Thanks...

Hey Synook, just now I tried - filter: Shadow(Color:#000080,Direction:135,Strength:5);INSTEAD OFF -filter: Shadow(Color=#000080,Direction=135,Strength=5);whewwwwwww!!!... So what now??? :)

Did it work? If it didn't, try lowercase

filter: shadow(color:#000080, direction:135, strength:5);

Heyyy Synook... I said [whewwwwwww!!!... So what now??? :)] which means it did not work... lol..OKAY - Will try with the lowercase now... Hold on...

Ophsee!!! - NOPE... Not working in lowercase :) Should I email you the .css and .html file??? If yes, let me know your emails ID. Will email you the files.Thanks...

Guest FirefoxRocks
Ophsee!!! - NOPE... Not working in lowercase :) Should I email you the .css and .html file??? If yes, let me know your emails ID. Will email you the files.Thanks...
How about posting the CSS and HTML file here on the forum? It would help all of us learn better.

How about posting the CSS and HTML file here on the forum? It would help all of us learn better.
Hi FirefoxRocks,OKAY - Here I go...The HTML CODE -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /><title>Untitled Document</title><link href="Untitled-2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /></head><body><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td><input name="textfield" type="text" class="loginTextbox" /></td> </tr></table></body></html>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The CSS CODE -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.loginTextbox { width: 181px; border: 2px solid #7f9db9; background-color:#f69522; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; text-decoration: blink; vertical-align: middle; height:20px; line-height: 20px; text-indent: 5px; filter: shadow(color:#000080, direction:135, strength:5);}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Heyy Synook... Where are you? What should I do now??? :):)

Hi SpOrTsDuDe.Reese,WoW!... How do I go to error panel??? What exactly do I need to check in that???
You mean, "Error Console" under Tools menu??? I am getting the following error message - Warning: Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped.Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/amit/Desktop/IR%20Login%20text%20box/Untitled-2.cssLine: 14

Perhaps Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 should be able to do the trick. Do you use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Software?
You could of course make an image with a shadow in most image manipulation programs.

Hi Ingolme,hummmm... YUP!!!... I guess, I must agree with you...
Replace your <td> statement with this:<td style="width:181px;padding:10px;filter:shadow(color:#000080, direction:135, strength:5);">And remove the filter statement from your css code.Oops, nevermind, realized that you wanted the shadow effect on the text, not the box.

Replace your <td> statement with this:<td style="width:181px;padding:10px;filter:shadow(color:#000080, direction:135, strength:5);">And remove the filter statement from your css code.Oops, nevermind, realized that you wanted the shadow effect on the text, not the box.
hummmmmm..... No Worries!!!... Let me know if you are able to do it... Thanks.

Archived